Thursday, December 10, 2009

A New Mission . . . Statement.

Hi, Guys -

Over the last couple of months, I have been trying to find a new footing with this blog. As a legally blind business owner I realize that building a business (any business) can be very challenging with a disability. I cannot tell you (nor would I try) how many times I wanted to quit opportunities ready to pull out the explanation"of "poor vision" being the culprit. Right or wrong, the results still didn't pay the rent. And so i realized that I had to stop looking at where I was and start to concentrate more on where I was going. It was through this one thought that I believe led me to a man named Chris Farrell (a new mentor for me) and a new vision for this blog. Hopefully you will believe it to be as good as I do.

In the past, there have been many times that I have needed information for one project or another dealing with disabilities. And while Wikipedia has always helped, I have found myself still having to jump from one web page to another to get all of the information I may need. A fact sometimes compounded by poor vision.

Recently, I came upon a business site created by Chris Farrell and in it he explained how he decided to start an online business in February 2008 to help his family improve their financial situation, but how difficult it was since he either had to go to multiple places to get information all the time, or the information he received was so complicated that it was hard to grasp basic internet concepts as fast a she liked.

Well, it has been said that the "seeds" of difficulties can lead a person to great ideas. Otherwise known as "necessity is the mother of inventions". Well, Chris's invention was his new website where, not only does he teach a multitude of online business concepts on video, but he does it in a wonderful step by step process that is both easy to understand and to follow. I had only to review ONE of his FREE courses to know that I would be a member of his site forever.

Now, why did I tell you this?

Basically, the same reason. In the world of disabilities, there is a lot of information that visually handicapped (as well as many others) need as quick as possible. Well, I decided today that my new "mission statement" if you will was to place on this site through posts, links, and references to other blogs. Things that i know will help anyone with disabilities (and a lot without) to improve their lives. Not just on a financial basis but physically and spiritually as well.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't claim to know any of those things in great debt, but I have always had a knack for organizing things, and so I will not only be posting my ideas on the site, but be referencing (and crediting) any of you out there who come across any good information that can help the community at large, but those of us who are disable in particular.

And so, from this point on. If you come to this blog, I promise I will do my best to post on it items of use and I also will strive, just like Chris, to put it in a way that anyone can understand. The only thing I ask is that whether you like it or not, please comment. I don't promise to change my personal opinions about things (I'll try to keep that to a minimum) but if I have a posting or link that there's a problem with I will do my best to correct it or move it.

Anyway, as we slowly come to the end of a great year I just want to wish all of you the best in 2010, and I am looking forward to working with you as well.

Thanks for being a part of my blog and my life.

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment